The sites listed below were selected due to their interest to people involved in the drug demand reduction field.
- DRUG DEMAND REDUCTION NEEDS ASSESSMENT IN CARICOM
A joint research project by the Caribbean Harm Reduction Coalition and DrugScope UK produced for CARICOM with funds from the FCO of the UK Government
- Jamaica Ganga Study Background
- This is the site of the National Commission on Ganja and included the Terms of Reference of the commission,a lsit of Commission members and Background notes.
The Link to the entire report is listed below.
- Ganga Study Report
- THE MAIN PURPOSE OF DRUGTEXT AND DRUGTEXT FOUNDATION IS THE DISSEMINATION AND PRODUCTION OF INFORMATION ON SUBSTANCE USE, ADDICTION, HARM REDUCTION, INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL DRUG POLICY
- European Exchange on Drug Demand Reduction Action
- This site offers you easy access to detailed information on a broad range of drug demand-reduction interventions, ranging from drug prevention, to treatment, to harm reduction, in different settings in the EU Member States. All the programmes include an evaluation component.
- WHO Substance Abuse site
- A great source of e-docs produced by WHO on substance abuse. This site includes the downloadable workbook series entitled "Evaluation of Psychoactive Substance Use Disorder Treatment"
WHO documents in electronic format may be downloaded by clicking on PDF next to the document name. Documents not available in electronic format may be requested from the Department of Mental Health and Substance Dependence.
- Rapid Assessment Web Site
- Everything you wanted to know about the process of Rapid Assessment.
- International Harm Reduction Association
- The IHRA works with local, national, regional and international organisations to assist individuals and communities in the following areas:
Public Health Advocacy
Collaboration and Communication
Education, Training and Research
The IHRA is active all around the world and keeps its Members informed on a regular basis. They hold an international conference each year which provides Members the opportunity to meet and debate current issues.
The next conference is being held in Slovenia from 3-7 March 2002.